Dr. Krause has served as trial and litigation counsel for a variety of blockbuster drugs and biologics (whose annual sales exceeded $1 billion). Most recently, he served as trial counsel for Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals in two Hatch-Waxman trials related to the blockbuster prostate cancer drug Zytiga® and the blockbuster blood-thinner Xarelto®. Dr. Krause also recently served as trial and/or litigation counsel for Merck on the blockbuster cancer immunotherapy Keytruda®; Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals on the pain treatment Nucynta®; Forest Laboratories on the blood pressure reducing agent Bystolic®; Sunovion Pharmaceuticals on the asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment Xopenex HFA®; and Merck and Schering on the blockbuster cholesterol lowering drugs Zetia® and Vytorin®.
Dr. Krause’s education and experience in the sciences help him identify important issues and translate complex concepts into language that judges and juries understand. He has formal training in biology, chemistry, and physics and holds a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from the University of Texas at Austin, where he studied nerve damage and repair. Dr. Krause also served as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine, where he studied gene therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Todd is active in legal organizations and has been recognized by LMG Life Sciences as a Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation “Star,” by Managing Intellectual Property as an “IP Star,” and in The Legal 500.
- Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, New York, 2008-2018
- Counsel, Sidley Austin LLP, New York, 2005-2008
- Associate, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, New York, 2002-2005
- Associate, Pennie & Edmonds LLP, New York, 1997-2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Association of the Advancement of Science