Ms. Donovan has served as trial and litigation counsel for a variety of complex intellectual property and patent litigation matters. Most recently, Ms. Donovan served as trial and litigation counsel for Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, in patent infringement suits filed under the Hatch-Waxman Act and inter partes review proceedings involving blockbuster prostate cancer drug, Zytiga®. Ms. Donovan also served as litigation counsel for Gilead and Roche/Genentech in patent infringement litigation involving Tamiflu®. And Ms. Donovan served as litigation counsel for Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, Cordis Corporation, in patent infringement suits involving the Cypher stent.
Ms. Donovan was named as one of the Top 250 Women in Litigation (2013-2018) and Local Litigation Star (2017-2018) by Benchmark Litigation, a publication honoring the achievements of lawyers in litigation practices in the United States. Ms. Donovan was named as an “IP Star” and one of the Top 250 Women in IP (2019) by Managing Intellectual Property. In addition, Ms. Donovan was recognized for her life sciences-related patent work by LMG Life Sciences.
Before joining Desmarais LLP, Ms. Donovan was a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice in Sidley Austin LLP’s New York office.
- Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, New York 2008-2018
- Associate, Sidley Austin LLP, New York 2005-2008
- Associate, Fish & Neave, New York 1998-2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit 2003
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York 1999
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York 1999
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property (2019)
- Top 250 Women in IP, Managing Intellectual Property (2019)
- Top 250 Women in Litigation, Benchmark Litigation (2013-2018)
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation (2017-2018)
- Ranked in Intellectual Property – Hatch Waxman Patent Litigation (Branded), LMG Life Sciences (2016-2018)
- Ranked in Intellectual Property – General Patent Litigation, LMG Life Sciences (2016-2018)