Ms. Donovan has served as trial and litigation counsel for a variety of complex intellectual property and patent litigation matters. Most recently, Ms. Donovan served as trial and litigation counsel for Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, in patent infringement suits filed under the Hatch-Waxman Act and inter partes review proceedings involving blockbuster prostate cancer drug, Zytiga®. Ms. Donovan also served as litigation counsel for Gilead and Roche/Genentech in patent infringement litigation involving Tamiflu®. And Ms. Donovan served as litigation counsel for Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, Cordis Corporation, in patent infringement suits involving the Cypher stent.
Ms. Donovan was named as one of the Top 250 Women in Litigation (2013-2018) and Local Litigation Star (2017-2018) by Benchmark Litigation, a publication honoring the achievements of lawyers in litigation practices in the United States. In addition, Ms. Donovan was recognized for her life sciences-related patent work by LMG Life Sciences and as an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property.
Before joining Desmarais LLP, Ms. Donovan was a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice in Sidley Austin LLP’s New York office.
- Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, New York 2008-2018
- Associate, Sidley Austin LLP, New York 2005-2008
- Associate, Fish & Neave, New York 1998-2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit 2003
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York 1999
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York 1999
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Top 250 Women in Litigation, Benchmark Litigation (2013-2018)
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation (2017-2018)
- Ranked in Intellectual Property – Hatch Waxman Patent Litigation (Branded), LMG Life Sciences (2016-2018)
- Ranked in Intellectual Property – General Patent Litigation, LMG Life Sciences (2016-2018)
- IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property (2019)
- Who’s Who Legal: Patents (2016-2018)