Andrew Heinz's practice focuses on patent infringement litigation and related issues. Mr. Heinz has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving various technologies, including smartphone operating systems, cellular telephones and network equipment, Internet communications hardware, data encryption, databases and business intelligence, and medical devices. Mr. Heinz has also represented several pro bono clients including veterans appealing benefit determinations. Mr. Heinz was formerly a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, and before attending law school he held various engineering and management positions at The Boeing Company and LithTech, Inc., a video game technology company.
- Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, New York, New York, 2011-2013
- Associate, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, New York, New York, 2005-2011
- Summer Associate, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, New York, New York, 2004
- LithTech, Inc., 2000-2001
- The Boeing Company, 1989-2000
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York