Brian Leary’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and counseling, including on patent, copyright, and trademark issues. He has represented clients in a range of industries, including computer software, hardware, and services; biofuel; and media and entertainment. Mr. Leary has also served as pro bono counsel representing asylum seekers before the Department of Homeland Security. Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Leary was a software engineer for a number of years.
- Associate, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, New York, New York, 2012-2014
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Clerk & Government Experience
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Maryanne Trump Barry, United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2015
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Faith S. Hochberg, United States District Court, New Jersey, 2014-2015